Please help fast

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ZachW, Nov 25, 2002.

1. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

I want to get a nice stereo receiver that will run a pair of JBL n26AW's nicley for outside. I'm looking at a HK 3470, but I've heard you can't hook them up to the t.v. The only things I will hook it up to is a cd player, a satallite receiver, and the t.v. so I can get the music channels from the satallite. How woul I do this if it doesn't have video input or outputs? The 3475 is found here, it's just like the 3470: 3475 found here

2. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Zach,

You can hook it up to the TV, you simply can't pass video through it. Your CD player will go into the CD inputs. The AUDIO from the satellite receiver will go into the AUX input, and the VIDEO from the satellite receiver will plug directly into the back of your TV.

Voila. Now just switch the HK receiver to AUX and listen to your satellite music. If you also want the TV's speakers to work with the satellite, then get yourself a couple of RCA Y-splitters (Radio Shack, a couple bucks each). Put them on the audio output of the satellite, and you can connect it to the TV's audio inputs as well as the receivers AUX inputs at the same time.

Make sense?

3. ZachW

ZachW Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I get it. Thanks
    P.S. I feel like an idiot

4. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Zach: Don't worry about it! I know I've asked my share of "silly" questions.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post here or email me.