What's new

Please help! DScaler and Tivo (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
First and foremost, I am a technical idiot, so the terms I use will be that of a technical idiot. My husband is the HT/computer geekwhiz, but he's out of town and I can't reach him.

The "TV" I watch is actually a computer monitor, my husband has the signal coming in something like this: DirecTV to Tivo to DScaler to monitor (or, in our home theater, projector). All of a sudden, the Tivo screen went black, except for...something, I didn't pay that much attention to what it said...at the top right in green letters. Since it looked like a computer thing I got the computer keyboard and hit Escape. Then appeared the DScaler screen, only black, with the Tivo screen pushed far to the right. You can see just enough of it to know it's the Tivo screen. It isn't that the whole Tivo screen is squished, it's normal sized, but you can only see a couple of inches of it.

I tried closing the DScaler and restarting but that didn't change anything. I restarted the computer, but that didn't change anything. Since it seems like more of a DScaler or computer problem, I don't particularly want to turn the Tivo itself off and back on, but I will if you think that will help. It's recording something but I don't know if it's something I wanted or a Tivo Suggestion (in which case it's no big deal).

I swear I wasn't doing anything to the computer when this happened. I wasn't even in the same room. It was that way when I came in to start dubbing. It had been working fine because I dubbed off something earlier. (Our Tivo has had a weird problem of going to blue screen every now and then. I don't know if it's related)

Everything else on the computer seems to work fine. Oh, the Tivo just went from menu screen to DirecTV program, but it's still over to the right.

This might be something that frequently happens and talked about a lot. If so, please forgive me. It's never happened in the months we've had Tivo. I don't want to go messing with any of the DScaler settings without specific instructions.

The only reason I'm in a bit of a panic is because something I wanted to keep is just about to expire (I was just getting ready to dub it off) and I'm afraid it will be gone before hubby calls me later this evening when he gets in.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Please let this be the right place for this question

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I have to leave for a while, so if anyone answers, I'm not ignoring this thread. I found out that the thing I wanted to save will be on again, so that's a relief.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks