1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help converge my 40H80!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeF, Aug 5, 2001.

1. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

Greetings. I presently have some time away from my studies and would like to do the service-level convergence on my 40H80 that I've been putting off for almost a year now. I had a couple of technicians come under Toshiba's warranty a few months ago to fix some glaring problems with the display, but the job they did on the convergence leaves much room for improvement.
    A couple of questions:
    1. How can I go about resetting all convergence settings on the display? Note that I've used the 9-point convergence (bad! bad!) and must reset that above all.
    2. Has anyone had luck obtaining convergence grids at a reasonable price, or am I going to be forced to start making my own?
    Thanks kindly for the help.
    - Mike
    ------------------
    My oh so exciting DVD collection.

2. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

Hi Mike,
    Hopefully I can answer some of your questions:
    1. Check out the Keohi HDTV tips and tweaks page for how to reset convergence settings (I'm pretty sure they tell you how). To be honest, I didn't reset mine after doing the 9 point, and everything worked out fine. I have fantastic convergence, due mainly to using grids!
    2. Buying grids is way too expensive. Make you own for a few bucks! I made some templates to make this easier, you can find them on Keohi.
    -Max

3. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

Max -
    I saw the grid templates on Keohi's (or some linked site), but it seems one needs a plotter to output them? Is this the type of output I can get done elsewhere and, if so, what's the cost like?
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    My oh so exciting DVD collection.