What's new

Please Help: Buzzing Sound From My Pioneer After Getting Warm (1 Viewer)

JasonMB

Auditioning
After about 15 minutes of use, my Pioneer VSX-D409 starts to make a very annoying buzzing sound that emanates from the receiver itself. I know it's not the most expensive receiver, but it's only about 3 years old. Is this a transformer problem or something else? Can I fix it myself? Thanks!:frowning:

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
Possibly a transformer? I don't know your electronics expertice but I would suggest just living with it or throwing it away and getting a new receiver.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that it could very well be the power supply or some other loose component. One needs to be very careful and I do mean VERY careful when opening up the cover to look inside so as to not get shocked or worse. Myself, I'd open it and try to isolate which component it is. Then let's say it's the PS. I'd turn the receiver off and unplug it for a couple of hours. The PS is afixed to the chassis with some sort of mounting screws that may've come loose (tighten in that case) or there may be a small rubber bushing that's deteriorated (replace it with something similar). Other than that it's a trip to the repair shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks