What's new

Please help buying digital camera (1 Viewer)

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
My girlfriend and I are looking for a digital camera and have narrowed it down to 2 choices. We are deciding between the Kodak DX3900 and the Canon A40. Both are the exact same price as the Kodak is on sale right now for $100 off. The Canon is a 2.1(I believe)MP whereas the Kodak is a 3.2(or something) :) However, I have heard some say that the picture quality of the Canon is still better but I've also heard good things about the Kodak.
Does anyone have any experience with these cameras or recommendations on what to buy?
thanks,
Mike

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have any experience with these cameras, but I own a Canon S10 and I was just playing with my friend's DX3900 and I must say I was impressed. I have not played with the Canon A40 yet, but I really want to so I can compare it to my S10.
From what I saw though, I think both cameras are pretty good. I liked some of the features of the DX3900. You might be better off with a 3 MP camera, but just remember the sizes of the files are bigger.
I don't think you could lose with either one, but I do have a thing for Canon after using my S10. With both being the same price, it's a really tough call. I wish I could help out more...:frowning:

Cam S

Screenwriter
I have an older Kodak, as does my best friend, and we love em both even though they are older and only 1mp, still nice though. The newer ones have very nice picture quality

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
Just by coincidence, another friend of mine just bought the A40 and says he loves it. What are the chances of that? :)

Stephen L

Second Unit
We have a Fuji Finepix 2600zoom 2.1 meg and love it.Out of the 2 I'd go with the Canon. Marks rec of DP Review is very good , also checkout Image-Resource for more reviews and info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks