What's new

Please Help Building Dream theater (1 Viewer)

RyanMcDermott

Auditioning
Okay so, we bought this new house. The new house has currently got a very high end proffessional recording studio in it. The people selling the house are obviously not going to leave the thousands and thousands of dollars of equipment there so that leaves us with a huge soundproof room that is accousticly perfect. What should we do with the room? HOME THEATER!!! I've been looking around on the internet and i find a lot of sites that say how to do this on a budget. I don't want to do it on a budget i want the best. (well, maybe not the best but hopefully less than 30 thousand for screen, projecter and sound). I want the screen to be as big as it can possibly be. The room is probably 30 feet deep and 25 feet wide. (This is a guess). Basically i want a theater that rivals the local cineplex, like in the forum description!!! Any recommendations on projecters, sound equipment, screens etc would be awesome. Thanks
~Ryan

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
as far as projectors go you will have to decide if you want DLP or LCD projector, I recommend DLP but you will have to let your eyes choose for you Take a look at the BenQ PE8700 and Sanyo PLV-70 the BenQ is DLP the sanyo is LCD

I would go with 120-133" screen, rule of thumb is your first row of seating has to be about 1.5 times the screen width from the screen, there are a few good brands out there for screen such as Draper and DaLite etc......

a good 7.1 system probably a Denon or Harmon Kardon receiver and you will have to let your ears pick out your speakers as everyone has different tastes, I would recommend Paradigm, Klipsch, Polk, JBL Just STAY AWAY FROM BOSE!!!!

chris_everett

Second Unit
Outlaw 770 and 950 $2500
SVS Ultra x2 $1800
Crown K2 x2 (sub amps) $3000
BenQ PE8700 $5000
Stewart Firehawk
Micro-perf 120" wide $5500
Denon DVD3910 $1000
Cables, remote, misc $1200

Total: $20000

Leaves $10000 for speakers, which are a personal taste thing (IMHO) This assumes you don't have to do anything with the room, including furniture, decorations, remodeling....

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I agree with the recommendations on the Outlaw 770 poweramp and 950 preamp. I have them both and I couldn't be happier.

I also agree with the recommendation on the SV Subwoofer line. I prefer the powered PB2 Ultra though.

As far as projectors go I would look into the Infocus 7205 or Panasonic A700. I really like the Carada line of screens too.

If you are looking for a one stop that can fix you up with all kinds of package deals on speakers, wire, projectors, screens, etc. give Anthony a call at Plasma Docs and he will get you fixed up. He is an authorized dealer for all the products he sells and won't forget you after the sale.

Parker

Tom-K

Stunt Coordinator
I'd highly recommend a CRT projector if you want the best picture you can get. Look on videogon/ebay for some nice used sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks