What's new

Please Help : ATI 1807 - OR - ARAGON 2700 Power Amp?? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm going with Speakercraft MT 8.5 three-way in wall speakers at 120 watts, 90dB, 6 ohm, 30-22 kHz...

I'm looking into a power amp at an approximate $3-3.5k budget.

I was reccommended the ATI 1807 power amp for 7 speaker system (5 for HT and 2 channel for music in connecting room) at 180 watts.

I am also looking into the Aragon 2700 power amp as well. I've heard great things about this piece of equipment.

I'm really not much of a conaisseur in this dept. and would really like to ask for your suggestions. What do you guys think is the significantly better amp and what would you go with if you were working with my finances and specs?

Thanks a lot guys!!!

JackS

Supporting Actor
Marco- I assume the ATI is the budget amp within your two choices and this is probably the amp I'd choose today if I were buying one of these two amps. I own two Aragons 8002's, three Nohr Le's and one Lell. I really like my Aragons and Nohrs but to distinguish sound between them is for audiophiles with and ear better than mine.
The Aragon is probably better built than ATI but this comes at a price. The ATI should sound about the same and save you some money and probably last just as long which could be forever.
You might also consider other amps from other Mfg's used if the price is right.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
from what i've read on the aragon forum at klipsch.com the 2007 is no longer being going to be made. just a thought on the matter.

kevin t

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
the ati is not a budget amp by no means.
they happen to make amps for a lot of other compaines and they other guys get to put their own names on it.
i own the ati 2505 its 250 watts by 5 channles
at 110 lbs the thing is a monster. i have it for 2 years and it never ever gets hot. i strongley recommend ati.
give them a call as i did before purschasing it helps alot.
also check out onecall.com they have close outs on some nice stuff like the ati.
frank

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys but Ive actually moved over to either the Integras or Arcam seperates. I'm trying to chose between the DTC-9.4 & DTA-9.4 and the FMJ AV8 & FMJ P7 now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks