1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Give Advice About Which New Player I Should Get!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Illingworth II, Sep 21, 2001.

1. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

The Hitachi DVP305U that I bought a year ago was having frequent freezing problems (especially with discs that use seamless branching) and image bends. Fortunately, I had an in-store warranty at Circuit City. Today, they told me they'll give me an exchange of equal value (right around $200).
    Any advice on a particularly good model that would be of similar price? I don't know if I want to go with another Hitachi. What's better? Sony? JVC? I have heard that Pioneers handle seamless branching very well.
    I truly would appreciate honest advice and insight as soon as possible because I would like to go over there tonight and pick one out.
    Thanks very much!

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    Panasonic RV-31 ($200). i dont know if they stock them at CC though...
    they do have the DVD-RP56, which is a progressive scan. thats also a fine player, but sells for $250 at CC. both play mp3 cds.
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Thomas_Berg on September 21, 2001 at 05:06 PM]

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    update: they DO have the RV-31 at CC for $199
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -Thomas
    Click here to visit my webpage.