Please compare SVS 20-39 PCi vs. PC-Ultra

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Arthur S, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

The PC Ultra uses the same tube as the 20-39. Using the 20Hz tune on the PC Ultra, how does the 20-39 PCi compare in terms of output and distortion?

Thanks

2. mikeEB

mikeEB Auditioning

I have both the 20-39PCi and the PC-Ultra. I got the 20-39 first and love it. After reading all of the reviews about the TV-12 Ultra driver.....I had to try it out for myself. To me the Ultra has a bit more output, more headroom, and more flexibility(tuning, subsonic filter, built in PEQ). The Ultra sounds (at least to me) more crisp, more detailed, and delivers with more authority.
    There was a great comparison done between these two over at hometheaterspot.com
    Hope that helps

m i k e

3. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

4. mikeEB

mikeEB Auditioning

Thanks Jon....I wasn't able to copy the URL to my message because I don't have enough posts. That is a great review/comparison. It was actually my determining factor in purchasing the PC-Ultra. Are you running it tuned at 20Hz?

m i k e

5. Jon_Liu

Jon_Liu Stunt Coordinator

yep, using the 20Hz native tune. Since then I've even gotten my Freq. Response +/-1dB from 111Hz to 20Hz! So I've been enjoying this thing a great deal.

I love this sub. I am hoping in the next couple years to add another one to the setup!!