What's new

please can someone identify this show from the 70s? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
This has been bugging me all week, and searches of my usual sources have failed me.

The show was about a group of teenagers stranded by a plane crash (I think) on a desert island that had been intended for a nuclear bomb test site - the island was kitted out with buildings, houses, etc. Each week the teens faced a new problem (typically emotional) to solve. From what I can remember the show was garbage and I've no particular desire to see it again, but I'd sure like to find its title.

Can anyone help please?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
andrew,

Wasn't that the series The New People? Seen it only once or twice. Not very good indeed. It was at the end of the 60s, a lot of people felt they loved it.

Cees

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Cees, I want your babies. :D

That's the one. It used to be on Brit TV on a Sunday afternoon. I don't know how it was in the Netherlands, but Sunday TV in the UK in the 60s and 70s seemed designed to punish you with boredom because you weren't in church or visiting relatives. The New People was thus ideal programming. I didn't deliberately watch it, but as my parents are the sort who always have the TV on no matter what, parts of it seeped into my brain - and stayed.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That was the same over here on Sundays, or perhaps even worse.
They had church services on TV, for those who couldn't attend (or to retaliate if you deliberately skipped church and thought about watching the tele instead).

Cees

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

That's because the drugs hadn't worn off yet. :) Same reason everyone was wearing those suit coat lapels that you could hang-glide with and those awful platform shoes and goofy haircuts. :D

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks