What's new

Please answer this about Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. (1 Viewer)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I first saw this movie on my computer years ago (before I was a member at HTF). A friend put it on my pc and I saw it and loved it, so I bought the dvd. But when I saw it on dvd the actors doing the voice overs were different than the one I watched on my computer.

So now I realise that it must have been a different region or something. The R1 voice over actors were not as good as the one I seen first. Do you all know if there is another dvd that has different voice over actors than the R1 dvd. I would really like to buy it. Thank for your help.

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I didn't even know there was a dubbed copy of this movie available, I thought it only had subtitles!

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
My R3 copy of the film, which was the first version to come out as far as I know, has Mandarin, Cantonese, English and Thai soundtracks. I believe Mandarin was the original intended soundtrack, IIRC, which is what's on the R1 disc, along with English. So maybe you saw it with the Cantonese dub?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
They were speaking english. I don't know what region it came from, but the voice overs are dramatically better than the R1 voice overs. The R1 release I use the Mandarin track with subtitles because the voice overs are so terrible. But I think I'm alone about how terrible they are because I've heard the different version. And it is excellent.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
It was the first R3 (R0?) HK disc. I do not do dubs but after listening to it with the subs on I was converted (for this film only).

I've been searching for my R3 copy since this thread started and can't find it!

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus

Does HK mean Hong Kong? And does it have the different english track than the R1.

I also noticed that the english track on the R1 release has better audio than the Mandarin track, which is sad, because the english dub is terrible.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I must have sold this version. It had the YoYo Ma music video on it. Any one got one for sale or trade?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks