What's new

Please advise on 5.1 HT system! (1 Viewer)

AdamV

Auditioning
Hey everyone,

Need some advise, bit of a newbie. I would like to build a HT and would appreciate some insight on what I can get for $1,000 to $1,200(MAX!) receiver, speakers and sub. I have a carpeted 22L X 13W X 9H livingroom which opens up into my dining area. I like to listen to Rap, Spanish & R&B(with the occassional Jazz). I would say usage would be 65% music and 35% movies.

I would really appreciate any and all insight!

Clint Roberts

Auditioning
If you could increase your budget just slightly I would suggest calling AV123 for some Diva's (now replaced by Rockets but still excellent speakers). Get a Denon 2802 and hold out for a HSU sub, VTF-2 or VTF-3. If you just had about $750 more. Otherwise check out www.cheaphometheater.com for recommendations such as Axioms, etc.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Got any tools? Think you could build the enclosures yourself? If you can there are some great options that will fit that budget.

Jason_Me

Stunt Coordinator
You could get an H/K AVR-125 receiver, and Energy Take 5.2 speaker system for about $1000.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
But Marcus, any of the systems listed from Ascend Acoustics plus an SVS will take him to his budget limit and he still needs a receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks