What's new

Pleasantville in HD tonight! (1 Viewer)

AllenD

Second Unit
Here's one for archiving! Just in case you haven't checked your regular HD programming, Pleasantville is on HD tonight at 8 PM on ABC. Cross your fingers we don't get any audio pops.

Jerry C

Grip
And since Pleasantville was shot in academy flat (1.85:1), ABC won't be monkeying with the original aspect ratio as they seem determined to do with films shot in scope (2.35:1).

John Torrez

Second Unit
Why are you watching the movie on tv? It's shown in it's OAR which is good. But you know it's gonna be edited for time, content and with commercials. Get the dvd instead.

Bill_M

Agent
Let's see, I can go rent the movie-and return it- or I can watch it in better quality for free. It is not like I haven't been watching commercial television for years. Maybe they should charge you "and" show commercials for the quality you can't get anywhere else to make it seem valuable to you, ala Discovery-HD.;)

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of Discovery HD.....Is that ever going to go to DirecTV?
And who "won-out" on the merger? Will DirecTV people be getting their receivers replaced by something or vice-versa? I'd think that the DirecTV receivers would stay, and the Dish 6000 would be replaced, since there was a choice with DirecTV...People wouldn't want their $$$ receiver to be replaced by what the "company" hands down as a freebie....

-Ryan Dinan

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
My local ABC affiliate is absolutely incapable of getting the lip synch correct. HD is unwatchable- it's almost a half second off!!!
And, I have the DVD.

Todd

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Whatever. If HD owners can't find at least some value in a free HD presentation of a pretty darned good movie, then high definition is doomed. It will be the first to get the ax when the digital dark age begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks