What's new

Playstation2 and RPTV (1 Viewer)

khang

Grip
I have my Toshiba 65HX81 for 3 weeks now. And I have my Playstation 2 sitting just across the room hooked to an old 27" T.V. I'm literally dying to hook it to the Toshiba but can't bring myself to to do it because of fear of burn-in, etc...Once and for all, is the risk real and what can I do to minimize it.

AjayM

Screenwriter
I've had mine hooked to my RPTV for almost a year now, playing off and on (but figure it averages a few hours a week) and have no problems. Just make sure your TV isn't in torch mode (calibrate it with Avia/VE) and I think you should be fine. Not to much of a difference between the PS2 on screen and watching a TV channel with a logo in a corner.
Andrew
------------------

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Go for it. I've had Playstation 1 and 2 hooked up for almost 3 years now to the same Hitachi bigscreen with no burn-in whatsoever. However, I am very careful about it and when the little ones come to my house (my wife and I are empty nesters) they get a lecture about using it before they get to play.
This means, if you have the same thing on the screen for a long time, turn off the TV (i.e., the menu in between playing the game). Also, don't buy any games where the same picture sits there for a long time. My favorites right now are motorcycle and Gran Tourismo 3. The PS2 also can adjust for your widescreen TV.
So the rules are, no static image on the screen for more than a few minutes, and if your not playing (i.e., eating dinner, using the bathroom, etc.) turn the TV off and leave the PS2 on.
------------------
Jeff Leeds
[email protected]

khang

Grip
What about sports game (NHL, Madden, etc...)...The image isn't static but I think the background is...Is that a problem ?

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
The background still don't just sit there like they did on older games because the camera angle keeps changing. And with players moving about on the screen, it shouldn't be a problem.

Jeff Leeds

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, not a problem. I used the Madden game but got board of it eventually (no fun without someone else to play against). It will not be a problem. But man, get yourself a copy of Gran Tourismo 3 and set aside the next 5 months of PS2...I love that game!
------------------
Jeff Leeds
[email protected]

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Toshiba 61H71. I play PS2 around...40-50 hours a week (Yes welcome to the shambles that my life is) and I have no issues with burn in. I love when people are like "Static Images" yet they watch television on their RPTVs. The PS2 has practically no static images, whereas almost all television networks have static images in the corner.

khang

Grip
O.K. y'all convinced me...tonight PS2 is being hooked to the 65HX81...
P.S. anyone thinking about buyng the XBOX...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks