Playstation sound from my home theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rich Corle, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Rich Corle

Rich Corle Stunt Coordinator

I just setup my home theater to play the digital sound from DVD's. I also want to play videogames on my Playstation using the surround. Currently I have the red yellow and white RCA cables going from my playstation to my VCR. My VCR is not hooked up to the reciever but the VCR is connected to the TV using the standard TV connection. I am able to get sound out of my Playstation from my home theater but cannot seem to get the video on the screen. It's probably a simple question and seems simple to me but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks.

2. Rich Corle

Rich Corle Stunt Coordinator

C'mon people let's see those replies.

3. James St

James St Supporting Actor

If you have an available audio/video input on your receiver you can hook the playstation up to that and run a moniter(video) out from your receiver to the tv. This will give you the best sound from your playstation because its connected directly to the receiver.

4. Evan A

Evan A Stunt Coordinator

if it is a ps2 it has optical out. ohhhhh sooo nice!
    x-box will have built in DD encoding! ohhh yea baby!
    ------------------
    --------------------
    Evan Adams
    [email protected]
    --------------------

5. Samson

Samson Stunt Coordinator

If you're not getting any video through your tv and you're using the PS2 with the VCR, you probably have to put the VCR channel on Line 1, Line 2 or channel 3. If this doesn't work there's an easier and would eliminate the ps2 connection with the vcr. James also suggested the same thing.
    Plug the ps2 rca outputs into the receiver. Use the VCR 2 inputs unless you are using these inputs. Run a cable from your receiver's monitor out to your TV's video in. Remember that if you are using s-video cables in your home theater system (receiver) you will also have to buy a ps2 s-video cable with the 2 rca connectors. The current ps2 cord has 3 rca connectors. Email me if you have any questions. I just recently plugged in my PS2 through the receiver with svideo and it looks and sounds great now.