Playstation Memory Card Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Schwarz, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Andrew Schwarz

Andrew Schwarz Stunt Coordinator

I recently got a Playstation 2 console. I have some regular Playstation games like Resident Evil 2. Can I use a PS1 memory card or PS2 memory card on the PS2 system to save my games?

2. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

For PS1 games, you must use a PS1 memory card to save them on your PS2.

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

You need a PSX memory card to save with PSX games. BUT, you can load the PS2 without a game in it and move files from the PSX card to the PS2 card for storage. So while you need a PSX memory card to save the games, you can store the saves on a PS2 memory card and then move them back to the PSX memory card when you want to use them.

I suggest you get a third party PSX memory card and a first party (aka, SONY or authorized brand) PS2 card so that you can use the PSX card for the PSX games and the PS2 card to store saves. The PSX card is third party (which means it could crap out on you, but it is cheaper than the SONY ones) so you would want to save games on it then move them onto the PS2 card (which would be used for storage and would be like having a bunch of PSX cards).