What's new

Playstation 3 Blu-Ray question (1 Viewer)

DanielBH

Agent
I've got a strange problem that's popped up, and I was wondering if any of you have seen something like it. When I play a Blu-Ray disc on my PS3, there is a persistent vertical line on the screen. It really looks like there's a crease in the screen similar to the broadcasts of "How the West Was Won" we had for years due to its original filming as a three panel projection.

Basically, if you divided the screen into 5 equal vertical sections, the far right section is the crease on every Blu-Ray disc I play. I'm tempted to say it's a section designed for a menu, and I would love to turn it off so that my entire screen is clear and crease free.

I've done the PS3 firmware update, and I'm using a 1.3a HDMI cable on a 720p television. It's also been asking me to download an update the first time I try to play a disc; should I be refusing this update? Thanks for any help!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
A few questions:

1. Which device is asking for the firmware update (PS3 or HDTV)?

2. What firmware version are you running on your PS3? (Current firmware is v2.53)

3. How long have you had the PS3, and which model?

4. What resolution is your PS3 set for? (480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)

5. What type of HDTV are you using? (Plasma, LCD, DLP, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks