What's new

playstation 2 (1 Viewer)

John Chevalier

Stunt Coordinator
When are they going to give us a progressive scan upgrade? I'm tired of waiting. I'm about to just go out and buy one. Those crayzay people.

Matt Freeman

Auditioning
A quick question concerning the PS2 as a DVD player. Is there some setting that you have to activate in order for it to transmit the 5.1 data to the reciever? I got a JVC RX-8020VBK yesterday and when I plug the PS2 in via a TOSLINK all I get out of "The Matrix" is stereo. Im going to call JVC today and ask, but wanted to first make sure that the error was not in my PS2. Thanks for any help.

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
Yes there are settings to enable 5.1. I don't remember them off the top of my head, but check your manual before you call JVC.

Sujeet Patel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sujeet
I've been using my PS2 as my primary DVD player for over a year now, and I'm amazed at what a good job it's done for me.. The $20 Sony remote is a must! Now I'm waiting for my RP82 to get here, to see how it compares. A progressive scan update would be amazing, but I doubt it'll happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks