1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation 2 Version of Tetris?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeM, Feb 8, 2002.

1. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

I think it's called Tetris Worlds, and was supposed to be out on 2/1/02...does anyone have this, or have any of you seen it in stores?

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I've not seen the PS2 version, but I warn you that the GBA Tetris Worlds is fundamentally broken - you can shuffle and slide to your hearts content once the block hits the bottom of the screen, so all sense of urgency or difficulty is gone. Definite try before buy tests needed. Quite apart from why anyone would spend that amount of cash when a second-hand GB (not even Color or Advance!) and GB Tetris will give you the best version ever.

3. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Iain, is this the same version of the game that you mention? It sure seems like there would be an option to stick the tiles once they hit the bottom.
    Here is a link to the PS2 version that I'm talking about:
    http://www.thq.com/tetrisworlds/features.asp

4. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I've not seen the PS2 version of Worlds yet - my comment above comes from the almighty slagging the GBA version got, which didn't have the option. Its possible that they have added it for the PS2 release, which is why I recommended doing a rent (or wait for a review I suppose) first.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I'll back up the reviews on the GB version of "Tetris Worlds" - it's poo.

There's an older version of Tetris out for the PSX, you may want to grab it - should go for cheap. It's passable - it's got some extra modes I wasn't fond of, but it's better than some Tetris conversions.

6. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Thanks for the info. The version that really was nice was the Nintendo 64 version where you build squares as well as line for extra mojo.

I'm sure hoping that the PS2 version will have that option as well.