What's new

Playstation 2 RPG Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, one of the better PS2 games I've played. I think its one of the better looking ones as well.

I never got into Suikoden III either. I was really excited about it as well. I just found it flat. The battle system was blah, with some of the worst music I've ever heard. The three main characters were pretty weak as well. Combat was pretty dull as well, and I didn't like how you had to combine characters for attacks. I just couldn't find anything compelling, or interesting about it.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Wow, only one mention of Lunar 1 and 2?!! Those are the best two RPG's ever! You must get them. :)

Now if only Lunar 3 was being made. That would probably be the only game that would get me to buy a PS2 again.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Getting Lunar 1/2 is gonna be tough. Actually, some of the games on my list will be very tough, or very expensive to get. Games such as:

Tactics Ogre
Legend of Mana
Xenogears

I've also decided I'm going to get not only RPGs but PSOne/PS2 exclusives, that are good as well. Just today I bought: Wipeout, Wipeout XL and Wip3out (Wipeout 3). Brand new and all for the low price of 50$ USD.

This weekend I'll be picking up my PS2, memory cards, 1 or 2 new PS2 games and whatever good condition used games on my list that I can find. Hopefully my EBGames comes through like they came through for my Final Fantasy series of games last weekend. If I can just find a near mint / mint copy of Dragon Warrior 7, I'll be a happy camper. :D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
PSOne/PS2 exclusives, that are good as well. Just today I bought: Wipeout, Wipeout XL and Wip3out (Wipeout 3).
Only Wipeout 3 was exclusive, the others were ported to the Saturn & PC. You're still missing Wipeout3SE which is the REAL exclusive to get from that series :)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
You're still missing Wipeout3SE
Is that the Saturn version? I think I may have owned that at one point... Hmmm.

What I've basically figured out, is that having three systems is best now. I get my RPG fix with my PS2, and I also get my PS2 excluive games... I get the best cross platform games on Xbox, and internet play, along with great exclusive titles... And I get Nintendo quality, and the Nintendo first party games on my Gamecube...

It may be more expensive, but I'm getting a chance to play everything now, and getting a chance to play games I've been pining (sp?) for on PS2 now...

Will I have time to play all these RPGs? Probably not, but I'm going to try my damndest!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Is that the Saturn version?
Nope, a European only release that contained tracks from Wipeout & 2097 but done in the Wipeout3 engine, along with the tracks from Wipeout3. Was a late budget release that didn't get much attention in Europe, but well worth tracking done. Was very very good. SCEA didn't think it was worth picking up for the US market.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Brian, that would be one of those games that I believe would be very tough to find, let alone probably being very expensive to purchase.

THis weekend I'm heading up to my EBGames, and checking out what kind of selection they have (used of course), and seeing if I can find some of these hard to find games:

Front Mission 3
Legend of Mana
Dragon Warrior VII
Tactics Ogre
Rez

Hopefully I'll come home with some winners. If not, I'll probably pick up FFX, DDRMax (These games intrigue me) & Kingdom Hearts in anticipation for buying my PS2 on Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks