Playstation 2 memory cards

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Spencer, Feb 18, 2002.

1. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

So, am I just having bad luck? Or did I miss some announcement about the memory cards being impossible to find? I've been looking around for some, even online, but having no sucess. I had a real nightmare in trying aftermarkets on the PS1, so was kinda wary about PS2 aftermarkets. Anybody know anything to help me out?

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Sony hasn't shipped many memory cards to Toys R Us since December. Personally I've had no problems using Nyko or other generic brands of memory cards. Supposedly the non-sony memory cards have batteries that don't last that long but I think 5+ years is long enough.

3. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Well, when I bought my PS2 a couple of months ago, I couldn't find one for a couple of weeks. Turns out the best places to find them is not big B&M chains, but the small gaming stores, who actually seem to care about stocking the accessories. I couldn't even find a second controller at most places. I ended up getting my memory card at an Electronics Boutique.
    They do have a website, but it turns out their memory cards are on back order. Hmmm. [​IMG]
    EB World

4. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

Well, just to clarify, I tried all the stores in my area that stock PS2's and accessories. EB, Wal-Mart, Sears, Sam's, Circuit City, and Target. None had any in stock. EB had the Interact, but I couldn't find any reviews or buyer ratings, so I held off.

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

They seem to be plentiful on ebay, going for about $30. A good falback if you can't find one anywhere else.