Playstation 2 for my son

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stevie-Cho, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Stevie-Cho

Stevie-Cho Auditioning

I'm going to be buying a PS2 for my son for xmas. I would appreciate it if someone could let me know what accessories I need to also buy (i.e. memory card, any cables, second controller, etc.). Thanks.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Buy a PS2, a Sony PlayStation 2 Memory Card (Sony brand, not a third party) and if you get any multiplayer games, get a second Sony PlayStation 2 Controller (Sony brand).

If you want to connect the PS2 to an HDTV, buy the PlayStation 2 Component Cables (Sony or Monster brand). If you want to connect it through s-video, get an S-video cable.

If you want to connect the PS2 to get Dolby Digital 5.1 from it, then get an Optical Audio cable.

If you're just getting the bare essentials, then just get a PS2, Memory card, and second controller. Try to get everything Sony brand because then they have an extremely low chance of breaking, messing up the console, or being crap.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Good advice above ^^^^

If he plans on using the PS2 to watch DVDs a remote may come in handy if he sits far away from the TV. Again, the Sony brand PS2 remote is the one you want.

4. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

You also need a game, since the PS2 doesn't come with one.
    If you aren't sure what to get, you can either pick up a Jampack demo disc from many stores cheap...

Or pick up a copy of the Official Playstation mag. That will have a playable demo disc as well.

5. ScottMen

ScottMen Auditioning

Where do you get it and about how much did you pay?