Playstation 2 and Projection TV's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Huber, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Agent

I just bought a toshiba 50 inch widescreen hdtv...i was wondering if its safe to use playstation 2 on it? Will it damage the picture at all? Thanks for your help.

2. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

There are a lot of threads on this, do a search for some answers. There are also a lot of opinions.

I play my XBox a lot using my RPTV. Lately I've been using it for gaming more than movies, even. I have the brightness and contrast turned down so I'm not worried. And frankly, it doesn't matter to me. I bought the TV to get as much enjoyment out of it as I possibly can in any way I want. If after a couple of years it burns in some, so be it. It'll be time to upgrade by then, anyway.

3. Mike Huber

Mike Huber Agent

yea good point. I guess that it would be covered in warranty if the picture gets really bad to. didnt pay 300 dollars for nothin eh?

4. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

i don't believe burn-in damaged caused by a game system would be covered under a warranty.

5. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

I hope you don't think all those warnings in the TV user manual and Video game manuals telling you not to play games on RPTV's is a joke?

It's there for a reason and if you damage your TV as a result ... you get to pay the $1000 to replace the three crt's.

Regards

6. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Warranty wont cover it, but by the same tolken video games arent really any worse than some of those station logos.

its all a matter of personal preferences, and how safe you want to be.