What's new

Playstation 1 = Great audio system? (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
So I read this on MSN today and researched a bit. Basically if anyone has an old version of the Playstion 1, apparently it has an audio processor that rivals some high end CD players. Here's a link to the article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15484873/

"Overall, both of these PlayStation game consoles make really terrific CD component decks. Compared to a Pioneer DVD/CD/SACD player, the Sonys sounded clearer and cleaner. They also held their own against my top-of-the-line, Class A+ rated Sony SACD machine. "

Not sure how true this is, but thought I'd share, sounds interesting

Jacob C

Second Unit
They require some modification to get the best sound and it is only the first PS1s. You can find information on the serial numbers to look for. Supposedly they sound great though.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
After finding one SCPH-1001 and listening to it for several weeks I am pretty much sold. I picked up another unit for $6 plus trade from DVDs that I could not get rid of and an old Nintendo game I found free. It's actually in much better condition then the other 2 I have found and he has a 14 day return policy. I got the console, a controller, power cord, and new AV cable.

I still have a unit that's not working. I'm wondering if I should just butcher it for all of the parts? Anyone else recommend the 5501 model or have experience with it?

Adam_R

Second Unit
I have the original PlayStation from 1994 from Japan. I wonder if I should break it out. hahaha... this sounds so moronic.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I wonder if I should break it out. hahaha... this sounds so moronic."

All pass that on to Stereophile, they must employ a lot of morons since they just did a write up on it this month. Check it out before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks