playcentric = bad customer service

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff J, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Jeff J

Jeff J Extra

just wanted to give people a heads up on playcentric - don't order from them.
    I placed an order ~6 weeks ago - everything was listed as in stock, but I received an email that one of my CDs was backordered. so about 10 days ago I received a package with the WRONG DISC. the disc that I ordered was the System of a Down Limited Edition version of the toxicity disc, which I have not been able to find anywhere else.
    after about a week and a couple of emails they responded that I could ship it back and they would give me a refund for the purchase price only - return shipping was on my dime. I know, that this would only be a couple of dollars, but a couple of dollars was the only reason that I used them in the first place. The customer service is really inept - they first stated that the limited edition was in stock, only after 3 requests for them to verify this did they finally figure out that they did not have that version.
    Here is another post with less than stellar feedback on playcentric.
    -jeff

2. Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson Second Unit

that sucks man.
    oh, there is a forum labled "Retail Vendor Feedback"- stuff liek this should go in there.

3. Jeff J

Jeff J Extra

my bad.
    can someone move this?
    ps. update: they still have bad customer service.