Pre-Order Play Misty For Me (1971) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81e-vUFSOmL._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

As an Amazon Associate Home Theater Forum will earn from qualifying purchases.

Reactions: PMF and AlanP

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This is interesting, I was just thinking of upgrading this title from DVD to blu ray for my collection when I found this new version from Kino Lorber in a search on the web. This is great timing! I look forward to a RAH review of it too.

I also found an Eastwood 4 film set that includes The Beguiled, Coogin’s Bluff, and The Eiger Sanction, three films I’ve heard of but never seen before. It also includes Misty. I of course have seen Play Misty For Me many times. Amazon shows this 4 film set as an import.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
This is interesting, I was just thinking of upgrading this title from DVD to blu ray for my collection when I found this new version from Kino Lorber in a search on the web. This is great timing! I look forward to a RAH review of it too.

I also found an Eastwood 4 film set that includes The Beguiled, Coogin’s Bluff, and The Eiger Sanction, three films I’ve heard of but never seen before. It also includes Misty. I of course have seen Play Misty For Me many times. Amazon shows this 4 film set as an import.
A review will be forthcoming, but bottom line, Misty is a good enough Blu-ray. An older transfer, with (as I recall) some vertical hop, and less than wonderful shadow detail. Several of the films have similar looks.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool, thanks Mr. Harris. Sounds like a Kino release may not really improve on the transfer but I guess we’ll see what a new 2K transfer looks like. New interviews and commentary tracks too.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13