Platinum hits annnounced for XBOX.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Standley, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

2. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Wonder when we'll start seing these in stores. Only one that jumps out at me right away is Silent Hill 2, but Gotham might be worth picking up as well. Depends on how cheap they show up here.

3. BrianB

BrianB Producer

4. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Chris,
    Project Gotham is 29.99 Canadian at future shop

5. James T

James T Screenwriter

There's not really much that intersts me other than Silent Hill 2. Obi Wan is already $30 CDN at EB.

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Ooooo, Rallisport. Where's MotoGP? They HAVE to do something with that. Us demo flunkies on Live need it!

7. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I saw them listed in this past sunday's (2/9/03) Circuit City flyer, they had Amped, PGR, and another one.. I think ObiWan on that. They also had new covers on them with a silver/platinum colored banner running across the top saying "Platinum Hits"

How is Amped? Worth the $20 just for some winter snow fun. I'm not even a snowboarder but I've tried some racing snowboard games on the PS2 and it was kind of fun!

Jay

8. Chris Bardon

Any other sightings of these at Canadian retailers? Future Shop's website has no mention of the new prices (still has SH2 at full price). Might check in store later though.

9. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Chris,

I will be going to a FS store tonight or tomorrow night. I'll report back on what I see. I am keen on SH2 as well.

Martin.

10. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

You can get more information at xbox.com / platinumhits
    I can't link directly there, because there are retail links on the page (HTF rules), but there is a list there. It says it's a limited-time offer & the price will be $19.99 for all of them.

Jay, Amped is probably the most-liked snow boarding game on the Xbox, although some prefer SSX Tricky which is also on the Platinum Hits list. Amped is more realistic & slow-paced than SSX Tricky.

11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I'd probably grab Silent Hill 2 for $19.99. However, I was just in Best Buy on my way home from work today and didn't see any sign of Platinum titles including SH2, which was still listed at $49.99.

12. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

13. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Went to Futureshop and Best Buy tonight in Toronto area. No Platinum titles to be found in either place. Also went to an EBGames - same thing. Interestingly, EBGames is way more expensive than BB and FS. Their USED stuff is sometimes the same or more expensive! Oh well... I'm sure they'll show up around here one day. Until then, NO SALE!

Martin.

14. Chris Bardon

I was in a Future Shop last night, and noticed that they still had Silent Hill 2 for $80. Can't find any mention of it on their website though.

For anyone wondering what to pick up though, might I recommend Obi-Wan? I bought this one when it came out and really enjoyed it. Not a perfect game, but fun nonetheless (great use of Jedi Powers).

15. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Got in a ton of Platinum titles today at my work:

Amped, Crash, James Bond: Agent Under Fire, Max Payne, Oddworld, Project Gotham Racing, Simpsons Taxi, Spy Hunter, Star Wars: Starfighter, Tony Hawk 3, and Wreckless.

Think that was it--don't remember seeing Silent Hill 2.

Nice packaging!

16. Chris Bardon

Update-I was in Future Shop again last night, and they had a couple of the platinum titles (Tony Hawk 3 and Project Gotham), but they also had some of their overstock of the standard green case versions marked down, including Silent Hill 2. If you're looking to pick up some of the titles, but want the original versions, now's your chance.

17. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Which Toronto Area Futureshop are you guys going to? I went to one at Eglinton and Laird on sunday and they had all the Platinum Hits there for $29.99. My friend also went to another one and he said he saw them all there too. One thing I noticed was they had a separate section for the Platinum Hits. It wasn't with all the regular games.

Amped is definitely worth it for this price. One of the best snowboarding games and definitely challenging with great environments. The customizable soundtrack is great too.

18. Chris Bardon

I'm going to the one in Waterloo, and the few platinum titles that they did have were integrated in with everything else, although they still had the live games in a separate section.