Platinum Audio Speaker - Click Snap Pop!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed Brunelle, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Ed Brunelle

Ed Brunelle Extra

There goes my center channel....

Well my Dennon 5600 went up in smoke with my Platinum Audio Studio Series Center Channel...

Since Platinum Audio is defunct my problem arises...

I am a NH guy - if any one knows if the Platinum Audio folks are still Around or anyone in my area who fixes speakers (It is probably the electronics - I tested the mid's and they are ok) - I would appreciate a Phone number or address.

All I hear is a very low volume tinney sound - same speeaker wire & channel works fine on another speaker.

This is a shot in the dark - any thoughts would be appreciated...

Thanks

2. Ed Brunelle

Ed Brunelle Extra

100% on the money!

They occurred to me over coffee this morning and sure enough Joe was able to fix the problem in 10 minutes...

I cannot say enough good things about Joe & Ensemble...

Thanks for the help

PS - I have tons of extra parts - got them with the speakers. Actually it was a wire that touched in the speaker - a little to much flex.

Joe says it was what took down my Denon... .05 part being saved by a 3k amp...

Oh well

3. Rob Rodier

Rob Rodier Supporting Actor

I would also be interested in finding out about extra parts (for the solo). I bought my solos from Audiolink in Bedford. They too are no longer around. The former owner, Mike Pickering, was also the co-founder of Platinum Audio Ltd. I am living in a state of constant fear that something is going to give.

If anyone has any info I would love to hear it. I will also try to give the guys in nash a call sometime next week.

Good to hear from some Platinum owners, in the great granite state!

-rob

4. Ed Brunelle

Ed Brunelle Extra

At ensemble call JOE in service - 603.595.9871 x203

I have 10 or 12 drivers & 4 tweeters for studio series and

two boxes of parts for the LINE right below - a buddy has an extra 5 speaker set of the of that line - in box he would sell for probably 600 bills or so & boxes of parts..

We got tons of stuff when this closed out - great deals..

If I can help anyone out ( I hvae x overs too) if something blows I will be glad to share...

I really doubt these will "blow" JOE said he has never seen it

ROB - I think the SOLO's used studio series parts - if you want to email pics of tweeters & drivers I will tell you if I have extra's... If you need something I hope I can help.

Joe did say some parts are still available - drivers were not unique to PLATINUM - tweeter I dont know...

Shipping and maybe a few bucks for a Corona Six Pack, ahhh heck if you need something I will just send it out..

Cheers!

5. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Damn!! [​IMG]
    Glad you're up and running again!!
    Regards
    Gregg

6. StephenRabinowitz

I bought the studio set just before they went under, what really great speakers. I called the factory for spare parts when I found out but when I called back the phone was out. Wanted to get some parts just in case.

7. Ed Brunelle

Ed Brunelle Extra

Since I seem to be a trove of parts keep me in mind if something should blow - in my case a wire in the speaker shorted out & blew my amp - speaker is still fine...
    I think these are hard to blow up... Joe did think the drivers were still available...
    If something goes wrong email me and I will try to help!
    Please make sure it is blown - especially on tweeters - they are in short supply [​IMG]
    Good Luck all!