What's new

Plasma TV video not displaying (1 Viewer)

treddy

Auditioning
I have a panasonic plasma TV. Comp1, Comp2 and HDMI both audio and video are working fine. Video not
coming when connected to video1, video2, video3 or TV ch3(VCR). Audio
works. These were working at sometime, cable guys came and changed some
settings while I was not there, from then onwards this problem started.
Another thing not working is Closed Caption whic was working before. I
tried to reset to factory default mode by pressing "Power" and "Ok"
buttons, that did not help. Please suggest me any other setting that might
have been changed and causing this problem. thanks for your help,

Treddy

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
What happens if you set the DVD player to Interlaced and connect the DVD player yellow jack to the plasma Video 1 and remove the DVD cable from the Comp1 input?

Does the cable box have a selection for 720p or 1080i or progressive or interlaced? Set it to interlaced or 480i. Try connecting S-video from the cable box to the plasma Video 2. What happens?

treddy

Auditioning
Hi Allan,

thanks for your reply. I have connected Cable box on Comp1, one DVD player to HDMI, another DVD player through S-video to Video1, and a Notebook computer through S-video to video3. Cable box is of progressive scan, so let me try to see if I can change its setting to 480i. Also what do mean by "Interlaced"? Is that how it will show up in the Menus?

thnaks again,
Treddy

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Interlaced is the opposite of progressive, a few DVD players may use the caption "progressive off" for interlaced.

Does the plasma have menu selections for composite video versus S-video on each of video1, video2, and video3? If so you will need to make these menu selections to match the source device and cable. Generally you may not plug both the yellow jack and the S-video jack in the same jack cluster.

Some DVD players have a menu selection or switch selection for S-video versus component video. Some DVD players will not put anything out the S-video jack when in progressive mode.

Your notebook computer may require a special setting to output S-video. Also try setting the notebook to regular VGA 640 x 480 and 60 Hz.

treddy

Auditioning
No, TV does not have a selection for S-video/Composite, and I don't have yellow jack connected also. Another data point is, I am using TV optical cable for audio out, probably that's why it is working. I should check if I connect composite audio, will it work or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks