plasma tv recommendations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan_P, May 27, 2001.

1. Bryan_P

Bryan_P Stunt Coordinator

Hey...
    I'm looking for a good plasma screen TV for less than $10,000. I've been digging around and it sounds like NEC's 42MP2 is quite a good one for the price. I would very much appreciate any advice and any relation of good/bad experiences everyone has had with plasma TVs. If you've got a good one, let me know! (Same for the bad one's, too). Thanks in advance to everyone who responds!

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Bryan,
    I have got to say that RCA's new 42inch plasma looks really, really good. I got a chance to see them recently at E3 (Microsoft had about 30 of them in their booth!). They are extremely bright and the picture looked awesome as well. At least in my opinion. The retail on them is $8500 I believe. If you decide on a model let me know, I may be able to get you a good deal. I'm not sure about the NEC's but I know the 50" Pioneers that go for $20,000 I can get for $16,000 so who knows. Just a thought....happy hunting!
    Dan
    p.s. Silly me, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

3. Bryan_P

Bryan_P Stunt Coordinator

Dan,
    Thanks a lot for the info. That RCA plasma does look pretty good. I have to keep looking, but I'll let you know what I end up going with. Of course, anyone else who has some good plasma info, let me know! Thanks again.
    Bryan

4. Mark Rogo

Mark Rogo Extra

Panasonic's new model. Period. End of discussion. Hands down the best plasma on the market. Less than $7K at www.pactive.com.
    Mark

5. Dave Weida

Dave Weida Extra