What's new

Plasma TV.......Is there ANY site that will..... (1 Viewer)

James_Barcus

Agent
hey guys, the poor man wants a PLASMA!! It's winter time and my paycheck is almost non-existant being a seasonal job.. I'm in the market for a Plasma TV.. I've been searching for a website that takes monthly payments.. I know Sonystyle.com does but that's based on Credit and you get a Sonystyle credit card. Financing is ok as long as they take marginal credit history's :b If there is no place that will do this then I guess I start saving until next summer... THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

Signed,
James_Barcus (The Poorman)

Mike Baldwin

Stunt Coordinator
Try best buy, I know they just had a 24 months same as cash offer going on last week. Maybe they will still have something available. Also if you think they are way to high on prices. Then just price match them. I saved over $275 off my RPTV purchase by doing so. Good luck.

Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
If you want to buy on time, and have questionable credit, you may need to look at some local Rent-a-Center type store and go the rent-to-own avenue.

Not to go all parent-like on you, but if your salary is nearly "non-existent" and your credit history is "marginal," are you sure this is the right time to be making such a big luxury purchase? :wink:

James_Barcus

Agent
Well probably not, it's not a good time, I still got about $1,000 a month coming in... that's just "ME" money... I still live at home while I'm going through school :D But I just figured that if I got something like this, made my payments on time then I'd get a good credit reference.. But ah well.. I've went the rent-to-own route before, it's not bad.. can get costly though.. some places charge over 100% interest.. which would be like a $4,000 plasma / after paying usually every week.. it would be over $8,000... I'll just have to look around.. and if I have too, there's always next summer!! Thanks

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
James, you can get a much better deal (like 30-40% cheaper) online than making payments. Ex: The Panasonic 6UY plasma @ $4500 @ Best Buy, $2800 @ plasmaextreme.us (reputable dealer). Dell just had a deal a little while ago with stacked coupons @ $2400.

Check out avsforum.com's plasma forum if you are interested in one - Panasonic, Pioneer, Fujitsu are the big three, really. NEC's got a good one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks