What's new

Plasma Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH

What kind of discount does TVA give, and how do you get it?

Is it a coupon code or something?

Steve

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH

Well I guess it's only on certain items, and the Panasonic is not one of them......LOL

I called today and asked.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Steve

$2300 delivered is rock bottom. Doesn't surprise me at all. This might even be a loss leader for TVA. I would jump on it while they have them in stock. There is never a best time to buy. Things are always shifting. Sure, if you wait, things will get cheaper and better, and meanwhile where is your display? The Holiday shopping season is approaching and those are going to disappear before you know it.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I have 3 items I have to sell before I can buy the plasma, hopefully this weekend it will happen.

I might take advantage of Best Buy with the 18-36 months of 0% interest.....that will give me the time to sell stuff if it doesn't move fast.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Steve

Hopefully, BB will reduce its price to $2,699 again soon. It is up by $90 this week. $2,700 + tax =~$2,840. TVA delivered, $2,300. $540 is a big savings. With a TVA credit card you get 9 months no payment, no interest.

That is what I would do.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Stopped at another local dealer whom I've dealt with before, and got their price.

$2699 with a 3 year warranty

That's the best deal I've found yet..........the warranty is worth paying a little more for. Other places want $500-$800 for extended warranty.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
It already comes with a one year warranty. If you don't have one, you should get a credit card that extends the warranty by one year. That is what I do. According to Consumer Reports, plasma and LCD have been as reliable as CRT in their first year. Panasonic is in its 9th generation and problems are few and far between. If it were me, I would get it from TVA. If I am not mistaken you will have to pay sales tax on $2700 which is probably another $170. So $570 more at your local dealer. Just not worth it IMHO.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Well I ordered the plasma today...........$2834 total. That's with the 3 year warranty, and sales tax (5%).

It will be here on Monday or Tuesday...............man I can't wait.

Steve

MarkMu

Auditioning
I just wanted to post my experience with TV Authority. I had read this thread, as I was interested in buying my first HDTV - and decided on a 50" in the $2,000 range. I considered joining Sam's Club to buy the Vizio, but I would never shop there for anything else and would I need to maintain a membership to make good on their satisfaction guarantee? I looked at BB and CC and liked the Panasonic 60U. Having followed this thread I knew that I could probably get a better deal on the web but have to deal with the uncertainty of shipping. I also wanted an extended warranty to protect the investment, which is considerable.

6th Avenue had the best price in my search - a little under $2300 delivered. Salesguy I spoke with wanted me to buy and pay another $500 for a 3 year extended, but he said he would expedite shipping for me. Having read this forum for so long I decided to check out TVA and see what they could do. Their quoted price was $2440 delivered. Salesguy there told me that the Repairmaster 5 year extended ($199) would be fine for the TV even though there were now Repairmaster warranties out there for Plasmas only (with a P in the prefix, which I had discovered in a search). These are considerably more expensive. I told him that I was a HT Forum member and that I appreciated their sponsorship of the forum, but I quoted him what 6th Avenue could do and asked him to give me the TV for $2350 shipped and that I would also purchase the warranty. He spoke with a manager and it was done. I probably could have asked for more but almost $100 off was fine with me and I really do wish to deal with the site sponsors.

The unit should be here in about 10 business days. When I get time I will let you know how it went. Thanks to all who have participated in this thread as it really helped me in my quest.

MarkMu

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH

I already know I'll love it...............LOL.

It will give me back 3 feet of living room space from the wall, it will look allot better then my current TV, and the wow factor is cool too.

Thanks for all your posts and help.

I'll post a picture after I get everything mounted and installed later this week.

Steve

Jon Koby

Auditioning
After reading through this thread, I'm thrilled at the deal I got on this Panny from BB. Wanted the 42" on Black Friday for $999, but didn't get there early enough. Those people in line are crazy! Did some more research and decided the 50" would be better. Went to BB.com over the weekend to check the price and it came up $1999. Didn't say "online only special" or anything like that. I was pretty surprised. Checked again Monday and it was still the same. The website was saying "Cyber-Monday" but that doesn't explain why the price was the same over the weekend. However, I went into the store and saw a sale price of $2399 which was more what I expected. Even pulled it up on the computer in-store at $2399. I explained what showed up on the website earlier that day, and they trusted what I saw. They said they'd honor the price and would hold it until I came back that night. Went back to work and printed out the web page with $1999 just in case. Out of curiousity, also checked CC.com and it also showed $1999 as a web only special only, but delivery was required (no in-store pickup). Went to the store and asked if they offer financing/rewards. They offered 24 months same as cash, or if I declined the financing, 5% off the price = -$100. Went back to BB to see if they would match. Sure enough they did and gave both $100 off plus 18 months same as cash financing. Final price=$1899+6% sales tax with 18 month financing. I'm thinking I got a great deal. Anyone notice this deal on the website at all? Maybe it was an error. Price is back up to $2399 today.

Very strange, but I'm thrilled! Pick up my new toy tonight!

PhilipW

Second Unit
I also got the 50" @ Ultimate Electronics for $1999 on black friday. Then went to Best Buy and someone turned in their voucher for the 42" for $999 and bought it as well.

Very Happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks