What's new

Plasma Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I would probably be happy with the Toshiba or Hitachi, but knowing that they have quality problems will always be in the back of my head.

Knowing that the Panasonic is the best in a realistic price range is what I wanted to find out.

Steve

Cleveland Plasma

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Majoros

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Where are the speakers on the 600U?

On the 60U they are right on the bottom, but I don't see them on the 600U.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Steve

According to the site mentioned in the post above, the 600U is $3000 delivered. Not worth an extra $700 over the 60U, IMHO.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I went out looking around today at some local stores to see how each one looks compared to the others.

The Panasonic 50" looks great, very nice picture, and I can get it for $2699.

The Toshiba and Hitachi both look good, but nothing compared to the Panasonic......they are both right around the same price.

Tweeter will price match Best Buy, and they both have them instock............but Best Buy offers 36 months of interest free financing.

Steve

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH

Yes, $2699 right now with 36 month 0% financing with 2% monthly payment.

That seems like a great price, but I'm not ready to buy yet...........still have stuff to sell to make room for it.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
An impressive price for a B&M. It is just amazing how much this set has come down in price in the last 3 months.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I am too nervous to have an item like this shipped to me, just to save a couple of hundred $$.

I would rather pick it up at the store, and bring it home myself in my own truck.

Hopefully the price will keep dropping..........I'll be ready to buy within the month, so maybe it will get to $2500 by then.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Steve

I would guess that if there is going to be a real killer deal on this set from BB, it will be around the end of November, Black Friday. Good luck getting up at 3AM to get in line :)

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH

Never going to happen............I avoid all malls, and large stores after Thankgiving.

Steve

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
:)

Ok, I did it once a couple years ago, and picked up a lappy pretty cheap. It was cold as hell, but BB had coffee and doughnuts. In a way it was fun talking to people in line. But I don't think I will do it again. I don't know if BB just hasn't updated their site, but the $2,699 price is still showing. Good chance that price will be available till you get your stuff sold, and if the price drops even more, all the better. 3 year 0% financing is a really good deal.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Best Buy and Circuit City both have the 50" for $2699 and Tweeter will price-match.

Circuit City is offering 13 month 0%, and Best Buy is doing 18 months 0%.

Sold a couple of items today, and my current TV is sold to my buddy...........so I'm halfway to the plasma.

Steve

Cleveland Plasma

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Majoros
If you buy from a reliable internet dealer the unit is fully insured and there are now worries. Take a look at each companies return policy, especially on DOA units. In the long run every store that a person walks into has a return policy and they will hold to these terms. Every company has a period of time a return is accepted, with myself and all other store fronts and internet dealers, depending on there policy (7 days, 15 days, and 30 days). After this time is up all defects are hadled the same way, the manufacturer handles everything.

There for in the long run why not save the cash.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Steve

When I looked at the BB and CC flyers for this week and they both show the panny for 3099 less 310 or 2789 which is up $90 from last week. For your sake, I hope it goes down again.

Thanks to Chris Majoros for stopping pushing the 600 series. However, since HTF member can get an additional discount from TVA, his company is at a disadvantage. For example, TVA is selling the 50PX60U for $2,300 delivered before any additional discount for HTF membership, while Cleveland is at $2,750 delivered.

Chris, with all due respect, you have some work to do before you become competitive on this forum

Cleveland Plasma

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Majoros
^^^^ You are right on that model :frowning: good thing there are other products. There are still people around that are more interested in Customer service and not the best price :)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, most of the people on this forum are interested in bang for the buck :), and the 50PX60U delivers it in spades. Bad mouthing a Forum sponsor is not going to get you what you are looking for. With all due respect, if you want to advertise here, why not become a sponsor?

Cleveland Plasma

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Majoros
^^^^ I do not feel I bashed anyone. I never stated anything about any other company. Maybe you took my comment the wrong way. My main point is that my prices are a little higher to accommodate the hours of operation, 6AM-11PM everyday of the year !! "more interested in Customer Service than the best price." is probably the line in reference you are questioning and you can interpret it anyway you like. I do not fee I am bashing anyone as I do not know how anyone else is being treated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks