What's new

Plasma Sizes? (1 Viewer)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
How big do plasma/wall mount TVs get? Aren't they limited to about 40in like direct view TVs? I'm just thinking towards the future -- If I want a TV over 50in, I'm going to have to go for a RPTV no matter what, right?

Thanks!

Doug

Matt Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
Doug,

I saw a 60" Marantz monitor in a shop here in KC a couple weeks ago. It was HUGE!!! Price: $30,000.

The rep said they have to charge that much becuase they are hard to get right when they get that big.

Matt

Vic Goel

Auditioning
The largest glass that is currently on the market is a 61" offered by Marantz and NEC. Marantz just dropped the MSRP on the unit to $19,999.

Other than that, there are several models at 50" from Panasonic, Pioneer, Fujitsu, NEC, etc. These units range in price from about $9K to $15K.

When correctly set-up and fed a good HD or DVD signal, the picture quality on each of them is jaw-droppingly good.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Supposedly starting in December Samsung will have their 63" plasma on the market. I haven't seen any prices yet. Most likely pretty dern high. :)
Dan Hine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks