Plasma Sizes?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Miller, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Doug Miller

Doug Miller Supporting Actor

Doug Miller
    How big do plasma/wall mount TVs get? Aren't they limited to about 40in like direct view TVs? I'm just thinking towards the future -- If I want a TV over 50in, I'm going to have to go for a RPTV no matter what, right?

Thanks!

Doug

2. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Stunt Coordinator

Doug,

I saw a 60" Marantz monitor in a shop here in KC a couple weeks ago. It was HUGE!!! Price: $30,000.

The rep said they have to charge that much becuase they are hard to get right when they get that big.

Matt

3. Vic Goel

Vic Goel Auditioning

The largest glass that is currently on the market is a 61" offered by Marantz and NEC. Marantz just dropped the MSRP on the unit to $19,999.

Other than that, there are several models at 50" from Panasonic, Pioneer, Fujitsu, NEC, etc. These units range in price from about $9K to $15K.

When correctly set-up and fed a good HD or DVD signal, the picture quality on each of them is jaw-droppingly good.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Supposedly starting in December Samsung will have their 63" plasma on the market. I haven't seen any prices yet. Most likely pretty dern high. [​IMG]
    Dan Hine