Plasma prices

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Geordy, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Geordy

Geordy Stunt Coordinator

In June 2004 I will graduate medical school, and I have already planned to reward myself with a plasma tv (or dlp/lcd if quality improves).

I know this is asking you to think FAR into the future, but what do you expect prices to be on a quality 50"? Might they be comparable to what RPTV's cost today?

Sorry for the dumb question.

2. Haris Ellahi

Haris Ellahi Second Unit

I am not sure, but probably around $6,000-$7,000.

We just recently bought a Panasonic 42" plasma for $4,632.

3. John CW

John CW Supporting Actor

I saw (I think) a Philips 40" Plasma at CostCo for $3,500. Plasma are a LOT more exspensive than a RPTV, but hell, they're a lot cooler! [​IMG] The prices will of course continue to go down I guess, though!

~ Johnny

4. Mike Matheson

Mike Matheson Second Unit

A Pioneer 503CMX can currently be picked up for around $6K. This is already less than some of the pricier RPTV's (Toshiba LCOS, for example).

5. SteveHarvey

SteveHarvey Extra

General estimates for the Fujitsu 50", being a market mainstay that has been out there for a long time and is very well reviewed . . . estimations are between 6g and 7g for a 50" of that quality.

6. Ottis Fletcher

Ottis Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

Generally as time goes on technology improves. The newest sets with the most up to date technology in it will be the same price as todays plasma sets, and todays plasma sets will be a lower price.