What's new

Plasma prices (1 Viewer)

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
In June 2004 I will graduate medical school, and I have already planned to reward myself with a plasma tv (or dlp/lcd if quality improves).

I know this is asking you to think FAR into the future, but what do you expect prices to be on a quality 50"? Might they be comparable to what RPTV's cost today?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
I am not sure, but probably around $6,000-$7,000.

We just recently bought a Panasonic 42" plasma for $4,632.

John CW

Supporting Actor
I saw (I think) a Philips 40" Plasma at CostCo for $3,500. Plasma are a LOT more exspensive than a RPTV, but hell, they're a lot cooler! :) The prices will of course continue to go down I guess, though!

~ Johnny

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
A Pioneer 503CMX can currently be picked up for around $6K. This is already less than some of the pricier RPTV's (Toshiba LCOS, for example).

General estimates for the Fujitsu 50", being a market mainstay that has been out there for a long time and is very well reviewed . . . estimations are between 6g and 7g for a 50" of that quality.

Ottis Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Generally as time goes on technology improves. The newest sets with the most up to date technology in it will be the same price as todays plasma sets, and todays plasma sets will be a lower price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks