Plasma mounting and hiding cables

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by SamRoza, Mar 13, 2005.

1. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

Hello, I'm about ready to mount my 42" Sony plasma on the viewing wall. There should be no problem getting this done, but what to do about the wires afterwards? I don't exactly want to see them.

What are my options, besides just getting a stick-on raceway and painting it the same color as the wall? What have some of you done?

My equipment rack is on the same wall, about 6 feet from the screen.

Thanks.

Sam

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you don’t want to see any wires or wire channels, the best way obviously is to drop the cables inside the wall. If you can’t do that yourself (and I imagine if you could, it would already be done), then your best bet is to hire a professional installer to do it for you. I imagine the plasma set you back several thousand, so what’s a few hundred more to get the job done right?

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  4. DustinT

DustinT Agent

I am very lucky with this situation. MY wife and i plan to store ALL the electronics (DVD, Audio/Sat Receiver, PVR, etc.) in a closet in the room behind the wall our Plasma will be mounted on. Our goal is to have ONLY the Plasma visible by using an IR-Blaster.