What's new

Plasma mounting and hiding cables (1 Viewer)

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I'm about ready to mount my 42" Sony plasma on the viewing wall. There should be no problem getting this done, but what to do about the wires afterwards? I don't exactly want to see them.

What are my options, besides just getting a stick-on raceway and painting it the same color as the wall? What have some of you done?

My equipment rack is on the same wall, about 6 feet from the screen.

Thanks.

Sam

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you don’t want to see any wires or wire channels, the best way obviously is to drop the cables inside the wall. If you can’t do that yourself (and I imagine if you could, it would already be done), then your best bet is to hire a professional installer to do it for you. I imagine the plasma set you back several thousand, so what’s a few hundred more to get the job done right?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DustinT

Agent
I am very lucky with this situation. MY wife and i plan to store ALL the electronics (DVD, Audio/Sat Receiver, PVR, etc.) in a closet in the room behind the wall our Plasma will be mounted on. Our goal is to have ONLY the Plasma visible by using an IR-Blaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks