Plasma Monitors/or what?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Gary Schatz, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Gary Schatz

Gary Schatz Auditioning

Looks like now is the time to take the plunge after talking about it for years. The monitor size is an open issue 42,50,55??? The primary use will be to watch DVD's and broadcast TV (Satellite Feed) often sporting events. Two years ago I was sold on Fujitsu but now I read good reviews of the Hitachi (Perfect Vision) while my local high-end shop also love the Pioneer Elite as wells as Fujitsu. My son try to steer me away from a plasma to a Sony TV . Confused I am! Any guidance. The room is a sunporch with no direct sunlight. And by the way the Hitachi unit at 8K is , in my opinion, too expensive. You readers are the experts so please share your recommendations

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Plasma is great if you need to conserve space etc and can spend for it, but an RPTV (especially CRT) will be much more cost friendly and provide a superior picture for the money.

3. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

A sun-porch with no sunlight [​IMG] If it's a well lit room, and you intend to use it for TV/DVD viewing during the day, then a plasma is a good choice. Best bang for the buck in a PDP seems to be the 50" units at this time. Panasonic, Pioneer or Fujitsu are all first quality units and can be had quite a bit under the $8K Hitachi you were considering.

Mort