What's new

Plasma Cleaning (1 Viewer)

I picked up a cleaning kit right after I purchased my Panasonic PZ800 last year. I'm really anal when it comes to keeping the display pristine. However, I find the spray gel very tedious to "polish" and remove all the residue. Would it be so bad to use the "Green" version of Windex to clean the screen?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
If plasma screen glass is anything like a LCD, don't use anything containing ammonia. I've had my plasma since last fall but have not cleaned the screen. No need to since I don't go touching it.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I tried a bunch of those lcd/plasma screen cleaners - including the Monster one - and found they all leave a filmy, smeary mess on the screen.

The best solution I've found is a 50-50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water. Cleans well and doesn't leave any residue behind.

The Windex I'm referring to is "Multi-surface" and is amonia free. I think that eyeglass cleaner might be an option as well. I can three 8 oz bottles from Costco for $10. As far as I can tell, the only advantage to the gel, is that it doesn't run down the screen after you spray it on.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't spray anything on any TV screen. Spray the stuff on a cloth, and wipe with the cloth. My reason: I really hate having any liquid or goo run down into my TV! Second reason: I hate having overspray get on sensitive plastic stuff. I have a vacuum cleaner that got some window cleaner on it...looks like a severe case of acne.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks