Planning stages of building my own HT. Links please!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CRyan, Mar 3, 2001.

1. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Well, as the header states, I am about to embark on a "little" HT journey. I have searched the forum here and have come up with some solutions, but I need more info. Any and all links would be appreciated.
    I am a DIY'er by heart, especially when it comes to building non-electronic stuff. I want sound absorptive walls and flooring, and I need to determine the preferred room demensions for a RPTV and future projection system. I will be wiring the system in-wall, for a 7 channel setup, although, the 7th channel will not be utilized in the beginning. The room will most likely be windowless so that I will have easy control over lighting.
    Any links would be appreciated. I have a decent handle on the wall issue, but am lost in the floor department.
    Thanks,
    C. Ryan

2. Greg Monfort

Greg Monfort Supporting Actor

3. RyanL

RyanL Stunt Coordinator

I'm at the same stage as you. As you can tell, I'm a newbie and in the process of building my theater. I have a room set aside in my basement, but haven't started construction of it at all. Very interested on what members have done with their theaters. I checked out the pics section of this site and there are many excellent theaters out there! Just want to say that all of you guys did a great job!