What's new

Planet X is coming! 2/3 of us are Doomed (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Dennis: And you know? Sedona is one of the loveliest towns on the planet. It's gorgeous, and I have that rare "symbiotic" feeling of oneness with the land--knowing full well that feeling originates in my ol' grey matter. But it's when the charlatans who gravitate to that town start talking to me when I want to clear out. They give desert communities a bad name. Now, I need to ride my energy vortex home--it helps beat the L.A. traffic. JB

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Thats not as bizarre as the guy (clearly unaware of the amount of ridicule he was being subjected to) on Radio 4 yesterday morning trying to argue that the 'alignment of the planets' would mean an easier drive to work for people of the appropriate star signs. Admittedly I'd have probably just laughed rather than shouted obscenities at the radio if I hadn't already been 20 minutes longer in getting to work than I usually take...

Returning to the point, did anyone find out why, after the few days this mystery planet causes Earth to stop spinning on its axis in the normal way it would just start up again? Are they actually handing back the angular momentum, or is it just that everything goes back to normal once it goes away, because thats how things are?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Jack - you are correct, Sedona is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. Watching first light iluminate the rugged terrain is something I'll never forget. My wife and I loved it there and plan on going back.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Returning to the point, did anyone find out why, after the few days this mystery planet causes Earth to stop spinning on its axis in the normal way it would just start up again? Are they actually handing back the angular momentum, or is it just that everything goes back to normal once it goes away, because thats how things are?
Its because the people who come up with this rubbish, and the people who believe it, don't know what angular momentum is, and it therefore doesn't apply to them ;)

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Dude, you obviously didn't see Superman: The Movie, where the caped wonder not only stopped the earth's rotation, but reversed it, thus reversing TIME ITSELF!

I think you are confusing cause and effect. Superman flew around the earth as super speeds - fast enough to break the time barrier.

Earth's rotation changing was simply the obvious visual effect of his moving backward through time.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Insiders from NASA speculate 2/3 of the population of the planet will perish during the coming pole-shift caused by the passage of Planet X in 2003.
What insider at NASA? The janitor? Anyway, this planet could use a good "house cleaning" of population.. it would make my drive to work a lot easier.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Jack,
Feel free to use whatever weird terms I come up with :laugh:
Anyone else remember the big hoopla over how doomed we were going to be a couple of years ago when the planets "lined up" on one side of the sun? (It was actually all planets roughly in a cone with an angle of 60deg IIRC) The nutjobs predicted all sorts of dire warnings over that one.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
How about this litle golden nugget: 60% of Americans Sixty percent of those surveyed believe in ESP, psychic power, and alien abduction. Check out the National Science fondation's report
Scary stuff.
NOTE: 100% of Lance Nichols needed to re-edit this posting for spelling and grammatical errors.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As an amateur astronomer myself, I must confess that I’m part of the conspiracy.

The Planet X thing? Oh, that’s just dumb. I’m talking about another conspiracy about a very large object falling toward the Earth. I’m comfortable breaking my silence at this time because the object is actually close enough and enormous enough to see without a telescope! This object’s proximity to Earth has already caused the oceans to swell multiple times in the past month alone, sometimes up to thirty feet! It’s as if this mysterious object is reaching out with invisible fingers of cosmic force (thanks, Jack!) that actually lifts entire oceans and land masses! This huge interloper is actually currently moving between the Earth and the Sun, so this is no distant, unseen relic in the outer solar system! In about three weeks, it will fill the midnight sky with a terrifying light, and it will appear to be as big around as the Sun! It’s been calculated that this object’s invisible force field is even slowing the rotation of the Earth as it falls toward us. If we’re not all dead in a month, we’ll swear that a day is just half a nanosecond longer than it was a year ago!

And I swear on my life that all this is true. (Except for the half-a-nanosecond part. It could be more, it could be less - I didn't actuall perform the calculation. But the Earth's rotation is definitely slowing down!)

I’d tell you to run for the hills, but that wouldn’t help. All I can say is, it’s been great knowing all you people. Thanks for all the fun times.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I've always wondered what it would be like to smash into a wall travelling at 24,000 mph. Looks like in 2003, my wish will be granted.

Bruce

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Brian - thank you for breaking your silence. It is important that all of us begin to understand the impact Alec Baldwin's ego can have on the planet. It is very sad that we didn't realize this before it was too late!

Julie K

Screenwriter
Brian,
Yes, I too know of that huge and terrifying cosmic body and its insidious effects on this planet. :laugh:

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Brian, it sounds like you're suffering from sleep deprivation! Do you snore at night? Stressed? Doing shift work? See your doctor! And visit a sleep clinic! You could have sleep apnea, and that is bad!

The effects you describe at night sounds like sleep paralysis to me...do you feel as if you're awake, but can't move? Feel a presence in the room, accompanied by a bright light that is roughly the size of the sun at about noon? Feel a strange tugging, as if you're being pulled about in many directions?

Do you suffer cramps, that get especially acute on a 28 day cycle (I believe the technical term is "menstrual cramps", whatever that means!)? Bloody discharges? Throw up in the morning? Mood swings? Millions of people suffer from these very symptoms!

I hope you find treatment and get better...I hear that many people (particularly women, but gosh-darned I wish I knew why) take progesterone to alleviate the symptoms you are experiencing.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Bah! Unbelievers, all of you! Julie and I know the real truth! In less than three weeks, she and I will be the only ones prepared for the terror of the brightly glowing spectacle of doom that will loom over the horizon just after sunset!
Oh, and Max, it’s more like a 29-day cycle, give or take.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks