Planet X is coming! 2/3 of us are Doomed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cameron Seaman, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

You'd think that at least one independent or amateur astronomer would have discovered this thing by now (if it's big enough to stop the world from turning "for a few days", it must be visible from pretty far away)...

/Mike

3. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Screenwriter

Joseph E Fisher
    Planet X...isn't that the planet from Godzilla vs Monster Zero. [​IMG] Sorry guys, couldn't let that one pass.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

*sighs*

If only people actually studied astronomy.

5. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

What Jack said

6. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Maybe people from Planet X are the true killers of president Kennedy. You can never know for sure.

7. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit

Here's a good, scientific, site about hypothetical planets:
    http://www.seds.org/nineplanets/nineplanets/hypo.html
    The bad news is that even if X doesn't kill us, we still have to worry about Vulcan, Neith, Earth's second moon, and the sun's companion star, Nemesis.

8. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Okay I give up. What happened 3000 years ago?

9. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Planet X, eh?? Would that be the source of Chemical X?? You know, the substance that helped create the Powerpuff Girls?? Hmm, it all makes sense now...
    [​IMG]

10. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Those Demon Suns, you just can't trust them you know. One of them tried to sell me a dodgy Episode 2 T-Shirt the other day even!

What Jack Said. They aren't even trying to make this sound plausible. What possible reason do they have for stopping Earth's rotation for a few days, and what the f___ are 'Earthchanges' when they are at home?

11. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

Oh not this BS again. "Earthchanges" - what is that? Planetary menopause or something?
    If you want to see what the risks truly facing the planet are, then go here. Funny how the main item of interest is a small asteroid that may pass very close in about 800 years (although future observations will no doubt refine the orbit and remove the impact possibility) and not a giant planet careening towards us in 2003. Oh, I know, it's all part of the conspiracy [​IMG]

12. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Amen to that Julie! I'm far more concerned about another Tunguska incident than the so-called Planet X.
    However, the existence of Planet X would help explain phenomenon such as the mullet, Jerry Lewis, global warming, etc. [​IMG]

13. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I seem to remember Daffy Duck, Porky Pig and Marvin Martian blowing up Planet X a number of years ago. And in Technicolor, no less. [​IMG]

14. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Hmmmmmmm Note to self, interest free loans till 2003 looking better and better

15. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

Peter, I thought that was where the little guy with the big gun lived. [​IMG] You know, the one without the face. No...wait, that's it. It was all a ruse(sp?). WB has been in on it all the time. That is the resion for there DVD's being like they are. [​IMG]

16. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

Marvin Matian voice activated

17. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

18. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Julie: "Planetary menopause"--you have no idea how loudly I laughed when I read that. With your permission, I'd love to use that line whenever it suits my interests or assignments.
    Man, I wanted to have something clever to say, but that "menopause" line derailed me.
    Here is a brief, helpful list of New Age buzz phrases that should put your bullshit detectors on red alert:
    * earth vibrations
    * cosmic forces (also, ether)
    * earth forces
    * earth energy
    Sorry. Can't go on. Stomach turning.
    But people who post this sort of nonsense cannot even begin to understand the law of angular momentum. Nor do they comprehend the sheer low-IQness of daring to suggest that Earth's rotation will somehow be stopped for a period of days. (Especially with there being no days any longer! [​IMG])
    I was once an active amateur astronomer, equipped with a six-inch F/8 Newtonian-style reflecting 'scope. My interest in the field remains unabated. The real thing is sooo breathtakingly marvelous and dazzling. It is so frustrating to live in an era of mass scientific illiteracy when so many, many groundbreaking discoveries are being made.
    Then this kind of garbage gets the people's attention.

19. Chris Lock

Chris Lock Second Unit

This is a good argument for getting those Star Wars DVDs released ASAP!

20. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

Jack,

You forgot one of my favorites - "energy vortex"

True story - according to a very strange looking woman I overheard in Sedona there are spots on this planet where the "natural energy is focused". She went on to explain to several listeners how there are several of these spots just outside Sedona in the desert. When asked what the effects of the vortices were, she commented on how it can have a very powerful effect on some people. My guess is that she possessed maps of these locations that she was willing to share... for a price.

Maybe Planet X needs to spend some time in the desert outside of Sedona so it can shed some of its negative energies.