Planet of the Apes TV Series - cool case!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jodee, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

I haven't seen anyone post about this so I thought I'd bring it up.
    I just received my POTA TV show box set (4 discs) and the case is very cool, unlike anything I've ever seen before.
    It is like a keepcase only about 4 times as think (sort of like a double- "double keepcase). It opens up like a book and holds the discs very nicely.
    It is a much more sturdy way of presenting multi-disc sets than the paperboard "X-Files" type box.
    I was intrigued because I have never seen this used before and I figured Fox would use something similar to X Files/Fight Club/Simpsons for this 4 disc set.
    This will look very nice next to rest of my POTA movies (in keepcases).
    Thanks Fox!
    [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I believe this case is what they're using for MASH as well.

3. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

I posted a thank you to FOX Monday night in the Studio section when I got mine. Since no one else added anything to it I thought I was the only one who LOVED the packaging. I sure hope M*A*S*H TV series does come out in this type of case.
    inetdvd has never heard of this type of case (they do have one that holds 3 disc's). I would like to buy some empty ones so I can replace my Soprano's box sets. Anyone know where I can get more?
    Thanks again FOX.

4. Brad Nilsson

Brad Nilsson Agent

The case is nice. I watched the first three episodes with my kids last night. I hadn't seen these episodes since 1974. My fond recollection was not disappointed. Good Ape stuff!