What's new

planet of the apes-RU kidding me? (1 Viewer)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
My wife and I rented this dvd last night, what a waste of time and thought. Do not rent this flick unless your bored and have nothing left to do!:angry: :thumbsdown: :angry:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Right after I saw it at the theater...I thought that I liked it alright...I mean it wasn't anything special, but I didn't have any animosity towards it. The second time that I saw it though....ahh...I hate this damn movie.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Just for future reference... please direct your MOVIE comments into the MOVIE forum. I thought the movie had the chance to be better than the original (it followed the book closer) but fell a little short.
... but the DVD is AMAZING. :D

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
The first time I saw the movie in theaters I hated it. I vowed to not buy the DVD of it because it was that bad and to this day I still haven't bought it nor rented it to even give it a second chance.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi, Dan and everybody: RobLutter anticipated my thinking. Since we're talking about a dreadful flick here, we'll take a little ride over to "Movies." Everybody fasten their seatbelts...

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Guess I'm the only one that enjoyed this flick? I thought it was a pretty good movie myself..watched it a couple times on my DVD... and enjoyed it every time :D

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I thought it was alright when I first saw it, but my opinion of it has gone downhill since then. This thread shows that I'm not the only one who's felt like this.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
I like how everyone has implicitly assumed he's talking about the remake instead of the original. While I'd be stunned to learn otherwise, there's nothing in his post to indicate one way or the other.
Maybe he just didn't like all the talking about religion in the original? :)

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I was defiately speaking of the remake many a childhood memories of watching planet of the apes movie and series. As a kid I liked what I remembered, but then again Mr Magoo was pretty awesome too. :D ::D :angry:.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Put me in the boat with Matt Stone.

I liked it at the theater. On DVD that lessened a bit, though I do like some of the character work. The costumes and Ape Village are amazing as well.

Even the first time through though I found the pacing to be off and on, partly due to some scenes being good and the next ones being average or actually poor.

It's about 1/5th the film that the original was at best.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I'm with both Matt and Seth on this one. Although I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate the movie. I originally gave it a 3 star rating but after getting the DVD I was disappointed, I agree that some of the scenes were poor and below average.

Also the first time, I got past Wahlberg in the lead role but seeing it a second time I felt he delievered a very sub-par performance, something from the first viewing that stuck was Estella Warren shouldn't have even had a role in the movie. I stick by saying that Tim Roth is definately the main reason for seeing this film. It was about a **1/2 star film for me.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Me and a few buddies sat around and watched this DVD a while back, and we could not stop making fun of the damn movie as we were watching it.

Nice looking film, but thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks