Planet of the apes in Nuon

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_A_Paul, Jan 6, 2002.

1. I have a Toshiba SD-2300 DVD player. I recently got Planet of the Apes SE (2001). When I select the Nuon option under the menu it says "you must have a Nuon enhanced DVD player to select this option." Any ideas for me?

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

A DVD player must be built with the NUON features installed. Standard DVD players can not access these enhanced features.

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    The 2300 is a Nuon player. I think Andrew is questioning the error because it IS a nuon player and still cant access the content.

4. Have there been problems with the Nuon Features with the SE DVD, or is it a problem with Toshiba's players???

5. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Well, I hope you get a reply that helps. You may need to contact toshiba or nuon though. One thing to remember is that nuon is basically vapor-ware. There have been three players (2 samsungs and one toshiba I believe) and really no games to speak of, and now the Nuon company is going bankrupt from what I hear. I guess the content providers saw no need to intentionally lock non-nuon dvd player owners out of special features. They already take enough flack for dvd-rom-only special features. If you find anything out from Toshiba or Nuon, let us know.

6. KyleK

KyleK Second Unit

Supposedly the link is broken to the Nuon features and FOX is working on a fix and a return program, but I don't have a Nuon enhanced dvd player. Just what I heard.

7. Well, I found an answer on Nuon's website. Anyone who is interested in reading about it go to...
    www.nuon-tech.com/movies/apes/fix.html