What's new

"Planet of the Apes" DVD (1 Viewer)

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
I'm confused. I keep seeing banners saying this will be
released in August 2001. Strange because I bought it about
a year ago. Did Fox pull it and then reissue it? Is this
common and does it have something to do with the release
of the crappy Tim Burton movie of the same name?
The copy I bought still has the same idiotic packaging that
betrays the end of the film. Strangely enough, the chapter
list inside the box is for "Beneath" rather than the first film, apparently another packaging SNAFU.
Can anybody shed some light on this? Thanks.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
From what I have heard from the members of this board. It is the exact same box-set that was originally released by Fox. The reason they did this was to avoid confusion on the new POTA movie coming out. So it is the same exact set. Pretty stupid if you ask me seeing as how the new Planet Of The Apes was worthless IMHO. Peace
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD
Support the cause please

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I don't think it's exactly the same box set. It's the same set minus a documentary or something along those lines.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I thought the Behind The Planet Of The Apes documentary (included in the original box set) was not in the new box set (now sold separately). I'm pretty sure I read that on this forum. Tonight when the search comes back online, I'll find the thread.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What's the difference between the POTA movies on the re-release DVD and the "Behind the Scenes" DVD?

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
This is the exact same box set. The only difference in the box is some will not have the Behind the Planet of the Apes documentary, some will do to back stock. There is no difference in the DVD's at all the new ones are not 16x9. The difference on the Behind the Planet of the Apes is Fox no longer owns distrobution rights to the documentary. So Image-Entertainment is now releasing it as a 2-Disc set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks