What's new

Planet of the Apes Boxset Rot? (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My Blu-ray set of the Planet of the Apes movies played fine probably a year ago. I pulled it out the other day and the first movie would only play after three attempts. Beneath wouldn't play at all--the copyright notice comes up, and the animated introduction, and then nothing. I found an inexpensive used copy of Beneath to replace it, and it wouldn't play either. Are these discs falling victim to rot? Anyone else had problems with these? I assume there's no recourse at this point, but still annoying. My Sony player insists the firmware is all up to date. I tried it on my laptop with blu-ray drive and it says there's no disc in the tray.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Wish I could help. Fox repackaged the set: http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Apes-5-film-Collection/dp/B005FHWWXQ/ref=sr_1_13?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1328526562&sr=1-13 I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but I've no reason to think the discs aren't the same from the original set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks