What's new

Planet of the Apes Blu-Ray Set - Nov. 4 (2 Viewers)

JulianK

Supporting Actor

You seem to be the one given to hyperbole. You intimated that the only reason that this beautiful-looking set might exist is because Fox want to screw fans for as much money as possible. Perhaps there was simply a desire to create a set that would appeal to the series' many fans, or just to make the double-dipping more palatable?

No-one's forcing you to buy it. Stop exaggerating.

I agree that Fox should make the discs available separately for those who want them, and they inevitably will.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
It's also quite probable that both versions of Conquest will be included, since the film's original ending is now canonically incongruous with Battle for the Planet of the Apes (where Kolp discusses Gov. Breck being killed later between the films when the nuclear bombs dropped).

Whereas, the extended version of Battle doesn't fundamentally contradict anything at all. Think of the unrated cut of Conquest as being an "alternate" version of the film, very similar to the "Richard Donner cut" of Superman II.

Cannot wait for this.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What's up with this? The studio releases the date, price, and details but yet it's still not up for pre-order at Amazon.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I am super excited to hear that these films will be released individually. Thank you for listening, Fox! The original Planet of the Apes will be mine. :D

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Finally, Fox saw the light and saw fit to release them individually at the same time. I was very unhappy having to wait a rather long time for individual releases some years ago when they surfaced on DVD as a set first.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
According to Amazon, their $104.95 price is a 25% discount off the SRP of $139.99. Don't they have a policy of at least 30% off on Blu-ray discs?

Mark

Eric F

Screenwriter
No. It's not a set policy, it's just what they usually do. But since the set is coming early Nov you're probably be better off purchasing it from either DeepDiscount or DVDPlanet's 20% off sale.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Excellent. I don't care for Battle but it might turn out to be cheaper getting the set. Though I could do without the oversized spacehogging packaging. Decisions, descisions.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I am in for the first 2 for sure. I can wait for the others when i find deals. I dont really care for the last 3 movies, but i have seen them a million times! Funny how that works.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator

Amazon's Blu-Ray page has been updated recently to no longer read "save at least 30% on all" titles. Lots of 25% off titles are popping up now.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

No need to pass. The individual releases are up for pre-order now at Amazon. I just put in for the first 2, for now.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB

I couldn't disagree more. The second film is probably the weakest in the whole series, IMHO (but this is only by comparison; I certainly don't dislike it). The other three films may not approach the brilliance of the first film, but they're certainly entertaining. All five films together comprise a remarkably cohesive saga. I love this series, and this set looks like a fan's dream come true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.