What's new

Planet of the Apes 9 movie set @ BB (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
All 9 POTA movies for $29.99 with free shipping.

Includes:
All 5 original films (including 2 alternate cuts of last 2 original apes flicks)
The Tim Burton movie
The new Serkis trilogy
Collector card for each movie.
4k discs for the Serkis trilogy
Digital codes for all 9 films

The discs are in a MegaPak with the cards in a separate envelope (don't know if it'll fit inside the case - my copy hasn't yet arrived).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/planet-of-the-apes-9-movie-collection-blu-ray/6289522.p?skuId=6289522

61VcAY%2BOczL._SY445_.jpg
71Ajh6JmilL._SY445_.jpg

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Will the original five films ever come to Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray?

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I dunno, I’d blame Fox and/or the consumers on this one too. When the former head of Fox video, James Finn, would post here, he said in 2016 when 4K UHD disc was rolling out that Fox would release every new title on the format as well as bringing back catalog out. The original POTA was one of the titles mentioned as having a new 4K master ready to go. So long before Disney bought Fox, Fox was sitting on that transfer and their people apparently didn’t feel that the sales numbers were there to justify a release. Which is disappointing, no argument from me there. But Fox had years to move on this and didn’t so I don’t think it’s entirely fair to put that all on Disney.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I think the tell tale sign that Fox no longer cared about this is when the 50th anniversary happened.

No 4K of the original film. Fox had always been great about releasing "anniversary" titles on home video, up until one of the biggest years arrived, then nothing (talking new content/transfer not the one used from a decade before).
At this point I'll be happy with buying it digitally, if that ever happens.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This one has baffled me for some time simply because the work has already been done. The 4K restored version is available as a DCP and it looks great. They also made new 35mm prints based on the restoration and they look great too. And Fox has put out 4K transfers of classics on digital stores even without discs, like Grapes of Wrath and Day the Earth Stood Still. It feels like maybe it got stuck in limbo where it was too big to sneak out digitally but not big enough in someone’s mind to do the full physical release so instead we got nothing.

AlexNH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex Koutroubas
Is the 4k available for digital download?
ply because the work has already been done. The 4K restored version is available as a DCP and it looks great. They also made new 35mm prints based on the restoration and they look great too. And Fox has put out 4K transfers of classics on digital stores even without discs, like Grapes of Wrath and Day the Earth Stood Still. It feels like maybe it got stuck in limbo where it was too big to sneak out digitally but not big enough in someone’s mind to do the full physical release so instead we got nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks