What's new

Planes trains and automobiles SE? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I wish! This one of the great one's, it deserves special treatment.

Until then though, the current disc boasts a great anamorphic image and it'll do me just fine in the meantime.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
While we're on the subject of John Hughes comedies, does anyone know what's going on with Ferris Bueller's Day Off? There was a rumour a few months ago about a special edition coming out this year.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I remember when this DVD went temporarily OOP and people were paying over $50 for a copy on eBay... It made no sense to me. It's a great movie, but the current DVD is, well... lousy.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I don't own this movie yet... but would definately buy it if they would go ahead and give this movie the quality it deserves. It is a riot! I love this movie!

BRING IT ON PARAMOUNT!!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I remember that they had problems getting the rights for the music on the planes, trailer.. and also that john hughes was not able to do anything at the time of the release.. that is the reason it was a movie only title.
I do hope they would re-release a special edition of it..

JACOB

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'd definitely buy a special edition. In addition to an improved transfer it would be great to have the deleted scenes that are used to fill in the the tv version (e.g., more scenes on the plane).

Haden

Supporting Actor
According to IMDB, John Hughes has said that the original cut was over 3 hours, but a lot of the deleted material is reportedly lost now. It's a shame because I'd love to see all of that on a DVD special edition.

I'd also like to know what's going on with the rumored Ferris Bueller:SE. I sold my original DVD in anticipation of getting this, but no details have surfaced yet.

Allan^L

Stunt Coordinator

I wouldn't call the transfer that good. There's a scene in the middle where there are these black lines/scratches that are on screen continuously for a very long time.

I would love an SE of this though. Hilarious movie. "Those aren't two pillows!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks