What's new

Planes, Trains and Automobiles-MOVIE VEHICLES THAT TRANSPOT YOU (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
What are sme of your favorite films involving vehicles? We will start with Planes, trains and automobiles-no limit on each but al;so blimps, boats and subs....
I will only keep my post o one eah-add as many as you like

Planes: Of course I would put my favorite comedy- AIRPLAne! at the top I would also list TWILIGJHT ZONE :THE MOVIE with its Gremlin sequence

Trains: MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS -I know the ending but like any great train trip its the ride that counts and EXPRESS is one great ride.

Automobiles: VANISHING POINT -the original 1971 Barry Newman version. I have watched this more times than I car to remeber and Fox did an amazing job on the dvd-it never looked better. Ive had endless discussions on what the ending means but in the political climate we are in now-this movie is the perfect vehicle to the changes we are going through.

Blimps: ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN. I hatd this when I first took my niece to it years ago-20 now!-but I now consider it one of my fave fantasies. Breathtaking

Boats: PT109- fond memories watching this with my father.

Submarimnes:GRAY LADY DOWN -an underrarted half disster movie half war flick that sunk without a trace

Motorcycles: I'll double dip here-VANISHING POINT again. I can never forget seeing this n the big screen at 8 years old and seeing my first naked woman -on a motorcycle no less!

Bikes: PEE WEES BIG ADVENTURE-there is no truly original movie as this was-i see something different in it anytime and see itys grand influence on many later comdies (AUSTIN POWERS 3 esp).

Vans/rvs: Nothing still gives me t5he chills as the last moments of RACE WITH THE DEVIL

List as many movies in each category you'd like or add other vehicles (food trucks, rockets, ballons, )

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Car: Bullitt
Train: Strangers on a Train
Plane: Airplane
Sub: Hunt for Red October/Crimson Tide/Das Boot (each is different, but I like them all)
Bus: Speed

all I can think of for now

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Cars

Ronin: The best car chase movie ever made, with a number of great high end European sedans including a BMW M5, a Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 and an Audi S8 (also some Citrons that I can't identify).

Bullitt: The second best car chase movie ever made, and uber cool, as you'd expect from a Steve McQueen movie.

Grand Prix: A visual feast. If you like 60's formula cars, this is your movie. Kind of light on the plot, but a visual and aural feast.

Planes and Trains: None for me, not my thing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Almost all of mine have already been named but what the hey.

Bus: Speed
Car: Bullitt, Cars and Death Proof
Plane: Twilight Zone: The Movie
RV: Race With The Devil
Train: Strangers On A Train

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I like submarine movies a lot. I liked Hunt for Red October, Crimson Tide and Das Boot. I'll add Run Silent, Run Deep. I have never seen Gray Lady Down so I might have to rent that one.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
CARS:

Bullett (1968)

Duel (1971)

Perry Mason (1958 - 1966) with his 59 Caddy

Bourne Identity (2002) Mini Cooper down the stairs

The Blues Brothers (1980) More cars crashed than any other movie ever!

Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988)

TRAINS

Silver Streak (1976)

The Narrow Margin (1952)

North by Northwest (1959)

The General (1927) silent Buster Keaton

AIRPLANES

The High and the Mighty (1954) with John Wayne

Airport (1970)

The Aviator (2005)

The Right Stuff (1985)

Tails of the Gold Monkey (1982 - 1983) Love the Grumman Goose.

SPACE

Apollo 13 (1995)

The Right Stuff (1985) Again

Alien (1979) The Nostromo was so cool

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Nuf said

Planet of the Apes (1968) Always thought the Icarus was a cool design.

SUBMARINES

Fantastic Voyage (1966) The coolest movie sub ever

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks